Nestle Nigeria PLC is one of the largest food and beverage companies in Africa. For over 57 years, Nestle Nigeria has been delighting consumers in Nigeria with high quality nutritious food products.
Nestle Nigeria is arguably one of the consumables that are found in probably every household in Nigeria. Nestle Nigeria is the producer of the popular Milo brand.
It is one of the largest food company in the world measured by revenues. Their products include baby food, bottled water, breakfast cereals, coffee and tea, confectionery, dairy products, ice cream, frozen food, pet foods, and snacks. As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, they are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day.
With a staff strength of over 2,200 direct employees, 3 manufacturing sites, 7 branch offices, and a head office located in Lagos, the company produces and markets several iconic brands including MAGGI, MILO, GOLDEN MORN, NESCAFÉ, and NESTLÉ PURE LIFE.
In view of Nestlé’s purpose, which is, enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future, the company contributes to society while ensuring the long-term success of its business, a principle called Creating Shared Value (CSV).
By doing business this way, the company continues to enable positive outcomes for individuals and families, its communities, and the environment in which it operates.
READ ALSO: Nigerian Army Ranks and Salary Scale
Summary of Nestle Nigeria
The company began trading operations in Nigeria in 1961 and was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on April 20, 1979. In 1982, the first factory was commissioned in Agbara, Ogun State.
This site has since grown into a factory complex housing multiple plants including the Maggi, CERELAC, GOLDEN MORN, NESTLÉ PURE LIFE, and MILOPlants.
Flowergate and Abaji factories were subsequently commissioned in 2011 and 2016 respectively.
Nestle Nigeria continues to invest in the development of its people, in the innovation of new products to meet consumer needs and preferences, and in new facilities to help achieve the organization’s growth objectives.
Nestle Nigeria Awards and Recognition
In 2020, their Company was recognized among its peers in various capacities, some of the most notable includes:
- Capital Market Correspondents Association of Nigeria (CAMCAN) Awards – Most profitable company (Consumer Goods Sector) on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Performance Earnings and Returns Leadership awards (PEARL) Awards – Sectoral Leadership Awards – Consumer Goods Category and Market Excellence Awards – Return on Equity.
- International Chamber of Commerce – 20 years membership awards
- SERAS Awards – The best company in the provision of water and sanitation
- Brandcom Awards 2020 – Best Seasoning brand of the year 2020 (MAGGI)
- Top 50 brands Nigeria – 2020 Top 50 brands in Nigeria awards.
Nestle Nigeria Salary
As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, they are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. This also reflects in the salaries of their workers as we can see below.
Most often companies do not reveal the salary structure/ remuneration of their staffs, this however has lead to estimation of what the company pay it’s workers.
Entry Level Employees earn lower than other staffs, however the amount of money earned is expected to increase with promotion and experience.
Below are the salaries of some job positions in Nestle Nigeria;
- Safety Officers earn around #700,000 monthly
- Channel Development Managers earn around #650,000 monthly
- Regional Sales Managers earn around #500,000 monthly
- Head of Marketing earn around #500,000 monthly
- Production Supervisors earn around #400,000 monthly
- Sales Managers earn around #300,000 to #500,000 monthly
- Insurance Officers earn around #250,000 monthly
- Medical Delegates earn around #250,000 monthly
- Field Sales Managers earn around #250,000 monthly
- Warehouse Managers earn around #250,000 monthly
- Graduate Trainees earn around #200,000 monthly
- Nutrition Advisors earn around #187,000 monthly
- Operations Officers earn around #150,000 monthly
- Sales Development Managers earn around #150,000 monthly
- Nursing Officers earn around #130,000 monthly
- Recruitment and Training Officers earn around #120,000 monthly
- Quality Control Managers earn around #100,000 monthly
- Sales Officers earn around #100,000 monthly
- Drivers earn around #100,000 monthly
- Mechanical Engineers earn around #75,000 monthly
- Health Administrative Officers earn around #60,000 monthly
- Account Manager earn around #50,000 monthly