Some people these days seem to find it difficult to know their bank transfer codes. Funny enough, these codes are not difficult to know because they are short and easy to memorize.
Banking in Nigeria today do not actually require customers to go to the bank to transfer money but they can now carry out transaction from their home using their bank transfer codes without internet connection.
The bank transfer codes is for every bank, and everyone that owns accounts for any of the banks in nigeria. This simply means that if you are using the GTbank, you are fully entitled to use their transfer code for easy mobile banking.
Weather you open a current account or be it a savings account, everyone can actually make use of their prospective bank transfer codes.
So if you read this article very well from the start to the finish, you will come to understand how to use your bank transfer code. Not only that but knowing why your bank transfer codes can be very important.
First of all;
What are Bank Transfer Codes?
A Bank transfer code is a fast, secure, and affordable way to access your bank account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through your mobile phone without internet data. There are USSD codes that ease the use of stressful banking in Nigeria, making it more efficient and gives the customers complete access to their accounts.
Any customers of any bank can easily dial the USSD code and complete all banking commands. It sounds surprising that queuing up in the bank, trying to complete your accounts recharge has been taken away with this USSD code mobile money transfer service. It makes everything easy, and sensible.
Read also: How To Trade Bitcoin In Nigeria
Benefits of Bank transfer codes in Nigeria
- Fast and secure
- Buying of data and airtime if you are of out cash
- For checking bank account balance
- For money transfers
- For paying of bills
- To change or reset your pin.
List of bank transfer codes
|Nigerian Banks||Transfer Codes|
|UBA transfer code||dial *919#|
|Wema bank bank transfer code||dial *945#|
|FCMB transfer code||dial *329#|
|Access bank transfer code||dial *901#|
|Polaris (Skye) transfer code||dial *833#|
|GTBank transfer code||dial *737#|
|Zenith bank transfer code||dial *966#|
|Eco bank transfer code||dial *326#|
|First Bank transfer code||dial *894#|
|Stanbic IBTC bank transfer code||dial *909#|
|Diamond bank transfer code||dial *426#|
|Fidelity bank transfer code||dial *770#|
|Sterling bank transfer code||dial *822#|
|Unity bank transfer code||dial *7799#|
UBA transfer USSD codes
Union bank is calling their transfer code, Magic banking, which is also the same with mobile banking. With the *919# UBA transfer code, you can easily complete all your transaction from the comforts of your home.
All you have to do is to follow the procedures when they pop-up on your screen.
Read Also: How to get a car loan in Nigeria
Wema bank transfer codes
The official transfer code for Wema bank is *945# and you can complete other necessary commands such as:
- Buy Airtime: *945*phone Number*amount#
- Send Money: *945*beneficiaryaccountnumber*amount#
- Balance Enquiry: *945*0#
- Change PIN: *945*00#
- Get your Account Number: *945*000#
- Open Account: *945*1#
- change account umber: *945*2*oldaccountnumber*newaccountnumber#
- Account Reactivation: *945*5#
*. Send Money to phone/email: *945*6*amount#
FCMB bank transfer codes
The official FCMB USSD bank transfer code is *329#, and it can be used to complete a lot of bank commands.here are some quick codes for FCMB USSD BANKING
- Dail *329*Amount# to top-up your mobile phone.
- *329*Amount*Mobile number# to top-up other mobile phones.
- *329*Amount*Account number# to transfer funds.
- *329*00# to check balance.
- *329*0# to reset your pin.
- *329*1*Mobile Number# to buy data on your phone.
- Dial *329*2*Smartcard Number# to pay for DSTv or GOTv subscription.
Read Also: How to use ATM to pay for DSTV subscription
Access Bank transfer codes
The official Access bank USSD banking code for the transfer of funds, is *901#, we have provided other codes to make your transactions easier and less time consuming
- Airtime for self: *901*Amount#
- Airtime for others: *901*Amount*Phone Number#
- Account Opening: *901*0#
- Data Purchase: *901*8#
- Balance Enquiry: *901*5#
- Fund Transfer to Access Bank: *901*1*Amount*Account Number#
- Fund Transfer to Other Banks: *901*2*Amount*Account Number#
- Merchant Payment: *901*3*Amount*Merchant Code#
- Bill Payment: *901*3#
- OTP Generation: *901*4*1#
Polaris Bank transfer codes
Polaris Bank transfer code which is also know as smart code is *833#. With smart code you can buy airtime, Data and transfer money to other banks. To commence using the Polaris (Skye) Bank Money Transfer Code, you need to register or sign-up first by dialing the above code first.
- Open an Account (*833*1#)
- Pay Bills (*833*2#)
- Transfer Funds (*833*3#)
- Hotlist Card
- Update your BVN (*833*5#) – Coming Soon
- Check your Balance (*833*6#)
- Pay with MasterPass (*833*7#)
- Airtime Top-up
Buy Airtime for yourself: Dial *833*AMOUNT#
- Buy Airtime for others or yourself: Dial *833*AMOUNT*PHONENUMBER#
- Transfer Funds: Dial *833*AMOUNT*ACCOUNTNUMBER#
GTBank bank transfer codes
One of the best banks in Nigeria, Guarantee trust bank also has its USSD transfer code, it is *737#. And the bank has attached a lot of commands and special feature to it:
*. Open Account: *737*0#
*. Reactivate your account: *737*11#
*. Fund transfer to GTbank: *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#
*. Fund transfer to other banks: *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#
*. Airtime top-up for self: *737*amount#
*. Airtime top-up for a friend: 737*Amount*Recipient’s number#
*. Data top-up: *737*4#
*. Check bank balance: *737*6*1#
*. Check BVN number: *737*6*1#
*. Inquiries: *737*6#
Zenith Bank transfer codes
Zenith USSD code for transfer is *966# and you can easily transfer from Zenith Bank to other banks in Nigeria. To complete your Zenith mobile banking, you are to dial the following code:
- Open account: *966*0#
- Check account balance: *966*00#
- Top-up your airtime: *966*Amount*Mobile Number#
- To transfer funds: Dial *966*Amount*Account Number# then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Update your BVN: *966*BVN#
- Reset PIN: *966*60#
- Deactivate mobile banking: *966*20*0#
- Pay DStv and PHCN: *966*7*Amount*Customer ID#
- Pay other Zenith Billers: *966*6*Biller code*Amount#
Eco Bank transfer codes
The official Eco bank transfer code is *326#, and you can easily transfer any money from Eco bank to other banks with the above code. You can complete the following with this code:
*. Make instant transfers
*. Check balances
*. Pay bills
*. Read mini-statements
*. Buy airtime
Ensure that the phone number where the purchase is made from MUST be a number registered with the bank if not so, it won’t work.
First bank transfer codes
The official code for first bank transfer is *894# however there are other sub codes that will make your transactions faster. We have listed those sub codes here:
- To register: *894*0#
- Airtime recharge: *894*Amount#
- Airtime for others: *894*Amount*Number#
- To transfer: *894*Amount*Account number#
- To check airtime: *894*00#
- Mini-statement: *894*Account number#
Stanbic IBTC Bank Transfer Codes
The Stanbic IBTC Mobile Money service is *909# and it is also their transfer code, which is ideal for you if you want a basic account that is convenient, secure and affordable, and can be operated using a mobile phone.
With *909# Mobile Money you can receive salary payments, buy airtime, make one-on-one money transfers, pay for goods, and pay bills. To get started, dial the code and you can get started.
Read Also: Top 5 Best Nigerian Web Hosting Companies
Diamond bank transfer codes
With Diamond bank USSD service *426#, it allows customers of the bank to ensure financial inclusion. Thankfully, it is quick, secure, and an easy way for all banked customers to perform banking transactions with convenience, regardless of segment or mobile device type.
To transfer to another bank with Diamond USSD shortcode:
– Dial *426# with your registered phone number
– Enter the last 6 digits of your Debit Card number.
– Enter your account number
– Create a 4-digit PIN.
Other service includes:
*. Dial *426*Amount#: To Purchase Airtime (self)
*. Dial *426*Amount*Account Number#: To Transfer Money (Within & Outside DB)
*. Dial *426*00#: To Check Account Balance
*. Dial *426*Amount*Phone Number#: To Purchase Airtime (For Friends and Family)
*. Dial*426*0#: To Change PIN
*. Dial *426*463#: To subscribe to C.R.E.A.M
Fidelity bank transfer codes
Fidelity bank transfer codes is *770#, and it can be used to complete the following transaction:
*. Self-recharge: Dial *770*AMOUNT#
*. Recharge For A Friend Or Family: Dial *770*PHONE*AMOUNT#
*. To transfer funds: Dial *770*ACCOUNT*AMOUNT#
Sterling Bank transfer Codes
Sterling Bank USSD code is *822#. You can use this code to buy airtime, pay bills, and even transfer money from bank to bank.
- Buy airtime self: *822*AMOUNT#
- Buy airtime for others: *822*AMOUNT*MOBILE NO#
- Sterling bank within transfer: *822*4*AMOUNT*NUBAN#
- Sterling bank to other: *822*5*AMOUNT*NUBAN#.
- Check account balance: *822*6#
- Check account number: *822*8#
- Open account: *822*7#
- . To reset Pin: *822*9#
Unity bank transfer codes
One of the best ways to the bank is via USSD code, and Unity bank has got you covered. The official Unity bank transfer code is *7799# and you can easily complete other important transactions.
*. Account opening
*. Airtime recharge
*. Add Account
*. Balance inquiry
*. Bills payment
*. BVN verification
*. Fund Transfer
*. PIN change.
That’s a list of all the bank transfer codes we have in nigeria.
You don’t need to go to the bank to make transactions. All these can be done anywhere you find yourself once you know your bank transfer codes.
I hope this article was helpful? Please you can drop a comment so we can know your thoughts on this topic below.
Don’t forget to hit the share button after dropping a comment to help those who needs this information.